BIRCHINGTON PARISH COUNCIL
NOTICE OF CO-OPTION OF PARISH COUNCILLORS
Following the Parish Council elections of 2nd May, there are vacancies for three Parish Councillors. Applications to be co-opted are invited by Birchington Parish Council.
Interested persons must be a qualifying Commonwealth or EU citizen, aged 18 years or over and:
- Have lived in the Parish or within three miles of it for the preceding twelve months
- Be a registered elector in the Parish: or
- Have occupied as owner or tenant any land or premises in the Parish for the preceding twelve months: or
- Have their principal or only place of work in the Parish for the preceding twelve months
- Must not be disqualified from holding office as a Councillor
A person is disqualified if they:
- Hold any paid office or employment to which they have been appointed by the Council
- Are the subject of a bankruptcy restrictions order or interim order
- Have within five years of the day of co-option been convicted of any offence and has had passed on them a sentence of imprisonment for a period of not less than three months (whether suspended or not) without option of a fine
- Have been found guilty of corrupt or illegal practices or have been responsible for incurring unlawful expenditure and the court orders their disqualification
Applicants should note that Councillors are expected to attend monthly meetings and to represent the electors of Birchington in raising and discussing issues of interest on which the Parish Council is empowered to act.
Any person willing to fill this vacancy should apply in writing by the 14th June 2019 with your experience to Caroline Vincent the Clerk to the Parish Council at the address below or by email along with a CV.
Clerk to Birchington Parish Council
The David Burley Gallery