Please see the update below from Public Health England for 4 June.
- The Department of Health and Social Care (DHSC) confirmed that, as of 9am 3 June, there have been 4,786,219 tests, with 171,829 tests on 2 June. 279,856 people have tested positive. As of 5pm on 2 June, of those tested positive for coronavirus, across all settings, 39,728 have sadly died.
(as of 5pm the latest figures have not been published)
- The PHE dashboard can be found here: https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/
- Our daily reporting includes deaths that have occurred in all settings where there has been a positive COVID-19 test, including hospitals, care homes and the wider community. The report also includes case rates per 100,000 resident population at lower tier local authority level.
- PHE’s weekly COVID-19 surveillance report was updated today: https://www.gov.uk/government/news/weekly-covid-19-surveillance-report-published
- PHE’s weekly report about the number of outbreaks in care homes was also updated today: https://www.gov.uk/government/statistical-data-sets/covid-19-number-of-outbreaks-in-care-homes-management-information
Information, advice and guidance
- New guidance on the management of staff and exposed patients and residents in health and social care settings has been published: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/covid-19-management-of-exposed-healthcare-workers-and-patients-in-hospital-settings.
- An updated version of the shielding guidance has also been published: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/guidance-on-shielding-and-protecting-extremely-vulnerable-persons-from-covid-19
- DCMS and Sport England issued a release on 1 June regarding groups of up to six from different households can now exercise outside under new rules https://www.gov.uk/government/news/groups-of-up-to-six-from-different-households-can-exercise-outside-under-new-rules.
For more information read: Coronavirus (COVID-19) guidance on the phased return of sport and recreation including for: Personal trainers and coaches and Providers of outdoor facilities
- The Government has updated the guidance for people who are clinically extremely vulnerable to COVID-19 and have been advised to shield: https://www.gov.uk/government/news/prime-minister-hails-resilience-of-shielders-as-restrictions-set-to-ease
- The Department for Education has issued new guidance on the process schools and education settings should follow to obtain supplies of personal protective equipment (PPE) https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-implementing-protective-measures-in-education-and-childcare-settings/coronavirus-covid-19-implementing-protective-measures-in-education-and-childcare-settings. They also updated their guidance on what parents and carers need to know about schools and other education settings during the coronavirus outbreak https://bit.ly/ParentsGuidance. Social assets are included from DfE below.
- Updated governance for schools here: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/school-governance-update/governance-update-april-2020
- The PHE disparities review ‘COVID-19: review of disparities in risks and outcomes’ has been published – you can view the report here: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/covid-19-review-of-disparities-in-risks-and-outcomes. For a full readout of the statement and questions when SoS announced the findings in the House of Commons visit: https://hansard.parliament.uk/Commons/2020-06-02/debates/F1B37A79-E882-4BBE-857C-C6BDBD2689AF/Covid-19Response
- An update from the Equalities Minister about next steps on this work here: https://www.gov.uk/government/news/next-steps-for-work-on-covid-19-disparities-announced
- The Home Secretary delivered an oral statement to the House of Commons yesterday on health measures being introduced at the border in response to coronavirus https://www.gov.uk/government/speeches/home-secretary-oral-statement-on-health-measures-at-the-border . The new public health measures will be in place from Monday 8 June. News story: https://www.gov.uk/government/news/public-health-border-measures-to-come-into-force-next-week
- Information to help bereaved families, friends or next of kin has been updated by the Cabinet Office to include Welsh and Romanian language and printable versions. https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/support-for-the-bereaved
- The Ordnance Survey has worked with Natural England to create a site that brings together current advice from government, councils and other outdoor organisations, so the public can decide where to go and what to do outside: https://getoutside.ordnancesurvey.co.uk/covid/
- MHCLG yesterday published rough sleeper accommodation survey data for May 2020 https://www.gov.uk/government/statistics/coronavirus-covid-19-rough-sleeper-accommodation-survey-data-may-2020