Please see the update below from Public Health England for 22 June.
- As of 9am on 22 June, there have been 8,029,757 tests, with 139,659 tests on 21 June. 305,289 people have tested positive. As of 5pm on 21 June, of those who tested positive for coronavirus in the UK, across all settings, 42,647 have sadly died. https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus-covid-19-information-for-the-public
- Millions of people shielding from coronavirus (COVID-19) will be advised they can spend more time outside their homes from Monday 6 July, the Health and Social Care Secretary has announced. You can read the press release here.
- A weekly coronavirus (COVID-19) testing model using a new ‘no-swab’ saliva test is to be piloted in Southampton from this week – you can find the press release here.
- The latest reproduction number (R) and growth rate of coronavirus (COVID-19) in the UK can be found here on GOV.UK https://www.gov.uk/guidance/the-r-number-in-the-uk. (Last updated Fri 19 June)
- PHE publishes a weekly COVID-19 epidemiology surveillance summary which can be found here: https://www.gov.uk/government/news/weekly-covid-19-surveillance-report-published
- The PHE dashboard can be found here: https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/ Our daily reporting includes deaths that have occurred in all settings where there has been a positive COVID-19 test, including hospitals, care homes and the wider community. The report also includes case rates per 100,000 resident population at lower tier local authority level.
- The latest experimental statistics from the NHS Test and Trace service have been published today here on GOV.UK
Information, advice and guidance
Updated ‘How to work safely in care homes’ document to provide important updates as set out on page 2. https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/covid-19-how-to-work-safely-in-care-homes#history
- Updated guidance to help employers, employees and the self-employed understand how to work safely during the coronavirus pandemic https://www.gov.uk/guidance/working-safely-during-coronavirus-covid-19
- Updated guidance on Walking, cycling, and travelling in vehicles or on public transport during the coronavirus outbreak https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus-covid-19-safer-travel-guidance-for-passengers
- An update to the guidance for employers about multiple coronavirus outbreaks in the workplace is here: Updated https://www.gov.uk/guidance/nhs-test-and-trace-workplace-guidance#history
- Meeting people from outside your household https://www.gov.uk/guidance/meeting-people-from-outside-your-household